Monday, 30 September 2013

Action Aid - Childhood memories

It's heart-breaking when you hear or read in the papers about a child that's been hurt, killed or suffered in anyway. It's sad to know that this kind of thing is not uncommon and that children can't have their God given right to a happy childhood.

At the mo ActionAid is running something called the #Rebuild campaign, which was bought to my attention through a warm post written by @dadcalledspen.

The aim of this campaign is to help rebuild the lives of children who have been affected by war in their country. ActionAid highlight the effects of the war on children, and the communities in which they live.

Check out the video of one of ActionAids Ambassadors Sarah Alexander's on her visit to Sierra Leone, where she talks about the Child sponsorship programme they run, the work that ActionAid is currently doing and how far they still have to go to help these children.

A few celebs are promoting this very worthy cause by recreating their happy childhood memories and sharing them. In order to help us create awareness for these children in need and their right to a safe and happy childhood with prospect's of a wonderful, bright future.

I was given the gift of a loving childhood, thankfully so are my children. One of my most prominent and fond memories I have growing up was watching and reacting(yes here it comes) The Sound Of Music!!  Singing my heart out to doe, ray, me, pretending I was a girl in a white dress with blue satin sashes and subjecting my lil sis and (yes) baby bros to do the same :-). I was and still am a nut for musicals and so are my kids!!

 
 
 
Join in and recreate one of your fav memories for a good cause and just for fun!